Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 & Unjumping 2 Jump!


What a year! And right at the tip end of it, I discovered another Ugandan poem written in our lifetime that I will be quoting from years and years to come. They are few, those quotable Ugandan poems I love, and each new stumble-upon thrills me! This poem, Unjumping, is from Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva’s chap book of poetry, Unjumping published in October 2010. 

It is a perfect year ender, it is an even more perfect year beginner, one I wish you all, wish myself, wish Uganda... 

Unjumping 

Today i decided to unjump
A Knock Out 2011!
To unsing the song of yesteryear
To unsweep the dirt of last time
Running, Unjumping and Running from myself
I need to unjump
So I can JUMP
Today I decided to unfeel
To undo my deeds
Today I decided to unfeel
To undo my deeds
To unwrite my story
Undoing, Unjumping and Undoing myself
I need to unjump
So I can JUMP
I unthink, I unlearn, I uncry
I JUMP

Happy New Year, dear M & C readers!

1 comment:

Ugandan girl said...

happy new year to you too