Monday, November 22, 2010

If Only Ugandan Politicians Kept Their Word

Eddy Yawe-the smile of an honest politician?
So Eddy Yawe, Ugandan musician Bobi Wine's elder brother, is contesting for political office-to become Member of Parliament for Kawempe Central. Contrary to what you may have had, that he is a joker in the race, doing it for publicity, or that the Democratic Party may have fielded him because they were desperately short of other better placed members to vy for that seat, Yawe sounds not only serious about this race-he also has a plan of what he wishes to achieve for the people of Kampala Central. I talked to him. I wonder if he wins, five years down the road, what he has said today will sound like.

PS: Unfortunately blogger & my internet provider have conspired to unable me load the sound clip of interview I did with Eddy Yawe-but I will keep trying! 

3 comments:

tumwijuke said...

Contrary to what you think, I think Yawe's dive into politics makes him part of a larger group of jokers than previously thought.

Mckeith said...

If politicians became honest then they'd seize to be politicians.....

Iwaya said...

Whether we like it or not, whatever we may think of politicians, in Uganda they are the ones with the power to make real tangible changes in all our lives. Is it too much to hope that one or two of them can be sensible, well meaning people?