Thursday, September 30, 2010

2, 3 Shaves


I’m usually in a hurry, wherever I’m going, almost always whatever I’m doing. But I’m never careless. Except for today, when I jumped on a boda boda, without all due precautions first. Too late I realised this rider had been drinking, perhaps a few minutes before, and here we were careening infront of speeding car ‘must guards’ on Kampala road near City Square, then it was up that NSSF building road, sharply swerving, and was he nodding off...? Friends, readers, those who don’t give a shit, I’m lucky to be alive.

4 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

I give a shit. Glad you are alive.

Iwaya said...

Comrade-thanks! I was shaken for a while. Not me at all!

Anonymous said...

Me too, I give a shit! Glad you are alive. A little indulgence please, was at Afrigo's concert in Kalisizo, Nabisere Hotel, two weeks after 'the' bombs. So at about 3:00 am hitched a ride with a farmer-cum-trader in his 'sahara' headed for Masaka. Guy kept dozing/nodding at the wheel, car kept swerving off the road.... I think I was the one driving..
agent256

Iwaya said...

Agent...thanks! I should have put up your comment earlier but MTN internet makes mysterious disappearances on weekends...

Thanks for sharing your own story and glad you survived intact...now if we had had pictures!