Monday, October 05, 2009

Photos of You

I love your out of focus photos because they remind me you are not perfect. I love the photos of you I did not take because they prove to me that it is not I who sees you the way I see you. I love the photos of you when I was not there or not in them because ghostly from this distance I make new discoveries about you. I love all these photos of you I have with me because my seeing eyes will never have enough of looking at you, my insatiable hungers will have never tire of devouring every part of you, when you are away or when I have to be away, they are my anchors into the world of you I have, prove that my goofy smile is not from a private cinematic fantasy---you are a real, you are a part of my world--- and these still photos prove it, your laugh reverberating in the sound files of my ear did happen.

I keep these photos of you, like a mental wedding ring.

7 comments:

degstar said...

socks.

gayuganda said...

ahhhh!

he is in love again. Am happy for you. But dont you get too maudlin...!

gug

gayuganda said...

err,

before I forget, to the beat of a drum, write the words, bite, trip them off... A good poem.

lissingmink said...

ok... am I the only one seeing a really well written excuse for taking bad photos but being so darn proud of them? ;-) nice writing though

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

warm and fuzzy. and I love the mental wedding ring:-)

tumwijuke said...

Young love gives me a headache.

Sybella said...

eh mama... lucky girl. yes, she is blessed to have you...