Thursday, April 30, 2009

How A Rich Man Can Sing For A Poor Man (Or How Bobi Wine Remains on Top)

And Other Overheard conversations...



“The one thing I cannot do without after my family are my Firebase Boys. I need to know that they are fine every time. I can’t live without them. They give me reason to work harder. They are my constant reminder that life can change and that I can change someone’s life. “
Bobi Wine, Ugandan singer responsible for such songs like Mazzi Mawanvu, Kiwani, Taata w’Abana



Casual Ugandan Speak


“Baganda, ha! They are total hypocrites. Me I can’t trust them. There is a way they are not straight people. They can pretend and greet you but in their hearts, you know they hate you as long as you are not a Muganda. They wait for an opportunity to turn on you. The day this government goes, you wait and see. They are bad, bad, bad people! Me I can’t trust them. I know them! As long as you are not a Muganda, you can never be one of them. They wait and wait until the time is right for them to strike you down.”

7 comments:

normzo said...

sockiss

normzo said...

Now....

Nze ndi mazi mawanvu....hahahaa

what has a muganda done now??

Sybella said...

a friend loves bobi wine. i think he is alright...

oooh the baganda debate never ends...

sleek said...

This stuff never ends well...and from that casual ugandan's talk, the temperature isn't nice..and i'm an official Bobi fan, though i think that stuff he was saying js for js..

Iwaya said...

@Sleek: It was not Bobi Wine that said the silly, actually deeply annoying and offensive stuff about Baganda, but he did say something about his Firebase Boys.

Heaven! said...

I have mad respect for Bobi Wine. some guy who was with him in mitchel on campus described him thus, " He did not have the campus excitement we had. its as if he gone into the future, seen what was there and was calmly waiting for it all to unfold."

whoa!

Emi's said...

I don't mind those dudes..as for doing without them, that's mob love

No comment on Baganda