Friday, November 09, 2007

The writer I would rather read when I’m not writing…

She reminds me of Scotchbiscuits, she reminds me of Yuda (who stopped blogging), there’s a bit of Dante in her, Wine&Thunder and her connect, her vulnerability is Ishta’s when she’s musing, I think Minty might write like this if she wanted, I know she has Sam-Lady’s pathos, she has the bite Petesmama will sometimes surprise me with, even at her most revelatory she’s as elusive as LissingMink and Ugandan Insomniac can be, but she will take a stand like the two Dennis’s and not back down, while she can be frisky like Darlkom, she can also leave you sweetly musing like Jovialjitterz does, she is one of the very few writer’s I would happily give up my time to be reading. She is PuttySauce

"i was driving home from Bantam Lake tonight, and i instinctively reached over to the passenger seat to grab lauren’s hand. her hand feels right in mine, like New Haven feels right on a bike, like how a mug of coffee feels right cupped with both hands on december mornings. i hadn’t really thought about her hands since our third date which we spent memorizing every curve and fold of each others’ fingers in front of a movie at my place. later, we progressed to other curves and other places, but it was something about her hands that told me that i didn’t need to rush, that we’d have plenty of time to unfold each other. her hand in the car reminded me that we were incredibly lucky to have found each other.

it was even more than that, though. in that moment as my fingers had found and wrapped around hers, i had come out (for the first time....'"

lauren’s hands and the weight of the world

7 comments:

Sara said...

thank you for your kind recommendation! of course i don't mind. you've got a place in my blog roll, too.

p.s. call me sara.

Samantha said...

Kyoka, Iwaya! Sam-Lady's pathos...I like Sara's blog too and I am going to include her in my blog roll.

WhoDaMan said...

Wow! And i thought my writing had gone down the anals of ..... well you catch my drift!!! Good to know someone out there still remembers my blogs.

WhoDaMan said...

PS. This is Yuda ... just incase i went unnoticed again! LOL.

Omar Basawad said...

Thanks for introducing me to 'PuttySauce'. Great writing there!

modoathii said...

i must say, quite nice, yes? nice style she gat...great inspiration, kumbe i've been shooting in the dark...bahatisharing..hhehehe

Sara said...

open message to sam (of sam-lady):

i've noticed a few people have clicked to my blog from yours, and i'd like to see what yours is all about. any chance i can be given access? thanks!

-sara (puttysauce)