Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Poetic Justice

Before I had ever heard Again by Janet Jackson, before I had ever listened to a Tupac single, fire in the belly!, before all this, there was Poetic Justice

I'm going back to movies that used to make stay up all night, gripped by a human story which when I groggy from all night watching, stars in my eyes, deep breathing, I talked to friends. In tumbling confessions from their lips, lives like reflections on broken glass in the grass, discovering the same stories were in their lives. I'm going back to movies...that moved me...about my life....

4 comments:

ish said...

look for the movie The Last Stand. might b hard to find, but trust, it's worth it.

made me go "so this is the price of dreaming..."

Iwaya said...

You have been talking about that movie for-like I don't know how long...going to look for it, while I buy an original copy of Poetic Justice :D

els said...

that's a movie I should watch. legally, I mean. was a minor when I last tried. Jason's Lyric too. and Boys In The Hood

muganda said...

try soul food too not the series
and yah boyz in the hood did rock.