Thursday, August 30, 2007

You, Again

I will wait for the rain to stop. Surely it has to stop sometime. I hear it smacking into puddles under my window and the window is not closed, the night is already dark, my light must be the last. I would think I was imagining all this if the cold, chilly wind coming through the window did not make me rub my hands to keep warm from time to time. My ears hurt, the cold again. I have run out of handkerchiefs. I will wait still. I will wait, listening to the rain outside my window. It can’t be much longer. I have been waiting a long time. I have been waiting so long. It can’t be much longer.

11 comments:

eddiie said...

Wooh!! actually its raining out so bad now as am commenting...

but thats a good one..How much longer would you wait?

Only you and me know it best...

eddiie said...

eeeh,...firsties...sorry ididnt know...its been a long while since i last dropped in this veteran blog..

cb said...

am also waiting for the rain to stop. i draw the curtain and look through the window. it is all dark. the keyboard is unusually soft today. it's not that chilly hither but a little cold is keeping the palms of my hands awake. it can rain on. it's oldies day today. let's get it on, baby, i hear marvin gaye tell me. let me groove. the warmth of the music in my ears is too much. it's sanyu fm. taking me to the good old days. am waiting. ever so lovingly. and when the rain stops. i'll find my way home.

lulu said...

you get me so nostalgic, you know, i love your writing

thrretypesofcrazy said...

I only just now realised (and that is NOT english at all) but we can comment on your posts. YEAH!!!!!

The 27th Comrade said...

Hehehe. Run home, Iwaya! The rain no gon' stop! Hehehe. I realised that in the first hours and ran off home. I'm writing this in the morning. It has stopped - you can now go. :o)

Be silent said...

Yeah how much longer are you going to wait?

Phoenix said...

Dont wait for the rain to stop Iwaya, it never thinks of you before it starts. So stop waiting and just....

hey, google goodreads.com and click on the first link and get started.
enjoy

kissyfur said...

reminds me of Earth Wind and Fire ( I think) I can see clearly now the Rain is gone.....Its gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day.

Duksey said...

How about just walking in the rain,yes how about doing that next time.When we were kids we actually looked forward to rain so that we could play in it but not get punished though

lissingmink said...

yeah and singing in the rain too!