Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Some Sort

I let it get to me. I forgot you were there and I was gone a long time like you know I'm wont to go. I was gone so long you thought I would not come back. But I have come back.

I'm tired of these dry and dusty leaves. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder while driving. I want you to know that I'm with you. I want you to know we are together. I want you to know that you are all I ever think about. When I compare, I'm comparing everyone against the wonder you are not comparing you to them. I want you to know that when I said that your phone calls always come through just in time, I was not rhyming, they do. I want you to know that you are my roots.

The thought of you makes me smile. I know little rest except when I'm with you. I come home earlier when I know you are there. I have never wanted the company of one like I long for your company, even when you are away from me in the next room. I find all this strange. I find all this normal. I'm becoming more me with you because of you.

1 comment:

scotchbiscuits said...

It's like magic when late night workaholics find the person that makes them go home earlier! I like how vulnerable, and gentle and honest this post is.