Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"I Have Done More Shows Than Oprah!"

"As I grab the glock, put it to your headpiece
One in the chamber, the safety is off release
Straight at your dome homes, I wanna see cabbage
Biggie Smalls the savage, doin your brain cells much damage
Teflon is the material for the imperial
mic ripper girl stripper the Henny sipper
I drop lyrics off and on like a lightswitch"

A bad day. I’m supposed to be doing something essential to your Sunday, working, I’m not. Why? Because I’m exhilarated. A miracle happened to me. On my way to work. In the Old Taxi Park. Yeah, nasty!

"Respect is collected, so check it
I got techniques drippin out my buttcheeks
Sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets, huh
My shit is deep, deeper than my grave G
I'm ready to die and nobody can save me
Fuck the world, fuck my moms and my girl
My life is played out like a jheri curl, I'm ready to die"

Don’t ask what was I doing, dragging my way to work at 3pm in the afternoon while all the regular people were dreaming of punching the cheek out of their wives and kids waiting at home if they asked had he brought meat home at last, a year after he begun promising. I was on my way to work.

"As I sit back and look when I used to be a crook
Doin whatever it took from snatchin chains to pocketbooks
A big BAD motherfucker on the wrong road
I got some drugs tried to get the avenue sold
I want it all from the Rolexes
to the Lexus gettin paid, is all I expected"

Because there I was. In the Old Taxi Park, trying to figure which of a bewildering variety of choice of taxis was the most likely to fill fastest, when like a voice from heaven, on two huge speakers at directly opposite ends of the Park, begun bopping out the least expected of hits of the greatest: LIVING THA LIFE by The Notorious B.I.G! Dayuuuuuuuuuuum!! This was like watching the video of 'Juicy' for the first time, going on to 'Everyday Struggle' before 'Nasty Girl' came on and then LIVING THA LIFE:

“My rapping tactics are drastic,
stretching muthafuckers like Mr. Fantastic,
So If you wanna see my pedigree, you better be filled with energy!”


I’m now friends with those two Old Taxi Park dial-turners! They made my short day
!

2 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

So Baz has spoilt you, my boy? Who should I kill?
Gon' tell your Mama. X-(

cb said...

Wow, i like the way you tell this. I don't dig biggie smalls but now u make me feel like starting to take his music seriously. Well, i'll see about that!