Tuesday, March 06, 2007

They're Playing Our Song!

Any 0-Town fans out there? Because I had never heard of O-Town before, or the music. And I just stumbled upon their song THESE ARE THE DAYS, googled and googled and couldn’t find their lyrics anywhere, sat back, listened more carefully and transcribed their lyrics myself the best I could. The lyrics to this one special song on repeat, humming, the Media Player pushed to maximum, hearing lyrics that were me, three years ago, I found myself… remembering… how…

Motel sitting in the dark
Empty room like an empty heart
Lovers stop but they never stay
They don’t look back as they drive away

Maybe I should fix this broken (gear light?)
Feeling the cracks and panic rides
That maybe love will stop here tonight

And if she knocks on my door I’ll give her the key
Just one look in her eyes
And I know I’ll be everything that she sees in me
More than I ever thought I could be

But
These are the days
When all I can do is dream
But I don’t want to spend forever
Living in the in between

I’m stuck here in a place without love
And I just can’t let it stay this way
But for now I’m gonna have to face it
These are the days

Gotta use this lonely time
To change the picture in my frame of mind
Outside the window there is a sunny day
I wanna feel it on my face

You and I
We are out here looking for the same thing
And then tomorrow the wandering
Waiting for someone to share this feeling

And if she knocks on my door

Just one look in her eyes
And I know I’ll be everything that she sees in me
More than I ever thought I could be

But these are the days
When all I can do is dream
But I don’t wanna spend forever
Living in the in between…

Where are you now? Sometimes I still wonder. I shouldn’t. Yet. Sometimes I still wonder. I can’t pass by that road without thinking of you. How many times did I come back here? And every time I pass here, my heart still stops. I shouldn’t think of you now. I shouldn’t. Yet I know if you were still here, this would have been our song. Those were the days. And You were the one.

6 comments:

Princess said...

This song has some serious lyrics!!!

Cheri said...

Wow,,,,I love this song so much Iwaya. U just made my miserable day.

Thank u so much.

Its unbelievable, but I'm blushing.

Be silent said...

Hmmm Iwaya some mad chic just called me screaming our song on Iwaya's blog... Funny thing is that i dont remember me or her being part of O-Town all i know is we were mad crazy about the song...

Cheri said...

BS, remember this song?

Cheri said...

BS your lugambo has reached some mad heights......

Iwaya said...

@Princess: you reckon? Me too!

@BS&Cherie: this freestyling on Mad, I'm totally feeling, but when does Crazy come into it?

Cherie: when was the last time you listened to Cashmere Thoughts by Jay-Z?