Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Heaven Was Here




I have watched this movie so many times and I'm never bored when I come back again. The most moving scene for me, strangely, is the one where Salvatore does not say anything, desperately in love, pinning outside Maria's door, a teenager in love for the first time, and the music and his doe eyes yearning do all the speaking and every time I watch Cinema Paradiso again, I wonder, what is Salvatore saying when he is not speaking...

Cinema Paradiso, the Courtship scene...

" I paid court to this girl, for ninety days and ninety eights. And it was only her that I ever wanted. I wanted no other. In the rain, in the afternoon sun, in the cold, in the heat, the busy morning and the deserted evening, I stood watching her window, never leaving, living for her to open her bedroom window, watching for her shadow preparing for bed each night. I counted the days in my calendar and at the end of each day, I marked away, crossing out, another day of my faithfulness. I was so full of hope when she gave me no reason at all to hope. I was in love with her in a way I had never been in love. My love was purer than my love would ever be again. I did not know this would be the last happiest time of my life and I thought all the time I was unhappy because I could not have her. I had her already, in my heart."

6 comments:

eddiie said...

i haven`t yet bumped on it but since you have written something on it and looked really attracting....i have to try it out..

eddiie said...

REmind me of the title again? Sha never mind, i just wanted to make sure i do not forgwt it when i leave.

countryboy said...

hey, u make me yearn. the silver screen may not b a bad idea afterall!

ish said...

intriguing.

i need to look this one up...

crys said...

'...last happiest time of my life...' da brother sounds like he needs help. or maybe i shold just see the thing so that i can grasp thatkind of faithfulness and pure love. sounds really interesting.

Dante said...

Dude, u have really neat fonts.

Sorry it's not abt ur post, but they're dope