1. my weekends back. Saturday afternoon slumped in the couch in front of the tv, fan whirling somewhere, bored, happy.
2. sunday morning in bed, sleeping five minutes more, before Church, Mum banging on my door.
3. friday evening in Wandegeya at Neolite with Michael, K promising his on his way traffic held up, to talk about the love of his life, his vintage white landrover, before everything changed.
4. to be in Bulaga again, in the last taxi there, past the foul fish smelling swamp, after 10, on the verandah, Royal Vodkha in hand, plateful of Michael's special pork in the other, the undead puppy rolling with a bone in the moonlight, Biggie blasting from Michael's room, the weekend coming on.
5. my house again. Monday morning waking at 4am, in a cold sweat, sheets drenched, phone green light flashing, Ronnie "I'm on my way and I got two twin sisters with me," dashing out to buy a whole pack, pictures disappearing out of photo frames and that jingly air freshner getting a good futile shake.
6. to be able to sit down and watch a movie and not fast forward, because tomorrow i got a million things to do and 24 hours is hardly enough and this movie sucks and i got to think of new ways to say it sucks without dropping off to sleep before i say it.
7. i want to be able to sit down and watch a recently released movie and be surprised.
8. buy a book on Kampala road or in Owino Market on the spur, walking with Brian or Lil Cease, in the morning, an hour before lunch, headed down to Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road, our day done...thinking of the afternoon's pleasures.
9. talk to Lovely Amphibian and ask him how he knew she was the right one, the one he is going to marry, because sometimes i wonder and i wonder if sometimes, in the bathroom alone knotting his tie, listening to her talk in the other room about the scarf her friend bought, he too sometimes still wonders.
10. be young again, be able to walk away from anything again.