Friday, June 23, 2006

two weeks notice












walk softly, carry a biiiiiiiiiiig stick (Savage, shut up!)

no, this is not about that hugh grant movie (did i just hear a sigh of relief? did i just hear a sigh of relief???). no, this is about another old favorite movie of mine which bacoroni just jolted back to the surface of my mind and i couldn't help grinning all afternoon in memory of Office Space. Brilliant, work of genius that movie! I can't believe that movie was just made in 1999.

there are many times when in mad moments of bravery, Greg makes the best sense in the world when everybody's just being a Joanna:

Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?

Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.

Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...

Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

Mad! that movie is mad! and then there is the incident of the constantly jamming printer... hilarious! totally bonkers hilarious! and when they talk abou going to jail and the benefits and then find out the reality of what could happen to them in jail...goddamn it! it's just not right to watch that movie alone, it's selfish! you know what, this weekend Office Space is in my player. thanks barconi!

3 comments:

Just Rich said...

my favourite line was when one of the analysts was reading down a list of people that were gonna be fired and he goes," Samir Naga... naga... naga... well, not gonna work here anymore!"
Plus the "damn it feels good to be a gangsta" soundtrack.

savage said...

kale sebbo, I will do as told and just shut my pie hole.

Minega said...

'Office space' is one of my favourite films and I love that scene in the field when they smash up the photocopier. A work of genius.